batching port builds

David J Brooks daeg at houston.rr.com
Fri Jun 30 19:32:13 UTC 2006

On Friday 30 June 2006 13:25, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> On 30/06/06 David J Brooks said:
> > If you  do 'make -DBATCH' instead of 'make' -  you will use the preset
> > defaults for each port with options. Or you can do
> > 'make config-recursive' - which will offer you all the option screens for
> > the port in whose directory you're currently in and all its dependencies.
> >
> > See 'man ports' for more information.
> >
> > To use those with 'portupgrade -a' will probably take some custom
> > scripting.
>
> Ah, so there's no make.conf option for this?

If there is, I'm unaware of it. Then again, I rarely use 'portupgrade -a'
myself. I start with 'portversion -v -l "<"' and work my way down the list
interactively. It's more time consuming, but I tend to learn things along the
way. :)

David
--
Sure God created the world in only six days,
but He didn't have an established user-base.