batching port builds

David J Brooks daeg at houston.rr.com
Fri Jun 30 16:31:53 UTC 2006

On Friday 30 June 2006 11:10, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> Apologies if this is in a FAQ, I didn't see it.
>
> How does one tell the ports system to not query interactively for input,
> and just take default build options, or a predefined set of options?
> Running a portupgrade -a and finding the night wasted while the box sat
> waiting for input is no fun at all.

If you  do 'make -DBATCH' instead of 'make' -  you will use the preset
defaults for each port with options. Or you can do
'make config-recursive' - which will offer you all the option screens for
the port in whose directory you're currently in and all its dependencies.

See 'man ports' for more information.

To use those with 'portupgrade -a' will probably take some custom scripting.

David
--
Sure God created the world in only six days,
but He didn't have an established user-base.