FreeBSD 6.0 compat with DL320 G4

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Fri Jun 30 07:49:58 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 07:56:00AM +0100, William wrote:
> Antony,
>
> I've got an Intel card in production already on a homebrew box, the
> code is INTEL-PWLA8492MT and description is "Intel Dual Port Server
> Adapter 10/100/1000". Any idea if that will do?

That is a PRO/1000 MT card, which is a PCI-X adapter and is supported
by the standard em(4) driver in FreeBSD 6.x,

The PRO/1000 PT mentioned below is a PCI-Express adapter and is not
supported by the standard driver in 6.x, but (as mentioned) should
be supported by the driver available from Intel.

Which card you want depends on what kind of expansion slot(s) you have
available.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson