FBSD 4 series

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Thu Jun 29 12:09:56 UTC 2006

> Bill Moran wrote:
> > Anish Mistry <mistry.7 at osu.edu> wrote:
> >> http://security.freebsd.org/
> >>
> >> You should be transitioning to 6.x now/soon.
> >
> > ???
> >
> > 4.11 will be supported for another 18 months.
>
> Last time I looked at my calendar, January 31st, 2007 was only 7 months away.

Oops ... what happened to 2005?

Apparently, I shouldn't do calendar math so early in the morning.

However, my point still stands.  I've got 2 pieces of hardware still
running 4.11, and both are scheduled for replacement before the end
of this year.  If anyone has a good reason for me to take the time to
upgrade these before they're replaced, I'd enjoy being corrected, as
my current plan is to simply replace them with 6.1 machines when the
new hardware arrives.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.