FBSD 4 series

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Thu Jun 29 10:55:06 UTC 2006

Anish Mistry <mistry.7 at osu.edu> wrote:

> On Wednesday 28 June 2006 21:26, probsd org wrote:
> > Everything I need is in FreeBSD 4-STABLE so I see no reason to
> > switch to FBSD 5*
> >
> > I realize no further advancements are being made in the 4 branch,
> > but my question is for how long will I be SAFE using FBSD 4* and
> > when is the targeted date to stop offering security updates that
> > affect 4*?
> http://security.freebsd.org/
>
> You should be transitioning to 6.x now/soon.

???

4.11 will be supported for another 18 months.  I have servers that are
scheduled for hardware retirement before then -- I'm not upgrading them.
Why should I?  They're doing their job perfectly well.

You should review the the security support information and make sure
that you plan to upgrade/replace before anything becomes unsupported.

--
Bill Moran

Not as deceiving as a low down dirty... deceiver.

	Jayne Cobb