Are hardware vendors starting to bail on FreeBSD ... ?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Wed Jun 28 21:18:28 UTC 2006

Ted Mittelstaedt writes:

> You have no guarentee that any piece of hardware you buy will be
> supported on any future revision of FreeBSD, or even Windows
> for that matter.

True.

>  I have lots of Intel gear in my basement that was
> supported on various Windows versions in the past, which cannot
> run today's Windows.  Your being unrealistic.

I am aware of their test drives.
What doesn't seem "realistic" to me is that a vendor that dedicates the
resources to have a test drive environment will not say that
FreeBSD is "unoficially supported".

If they didn't have the test drive and they were completely uninvolved with
FreeBSD I would have no issue. It is the fact that they are involved with
FreeBSD yet when asked about it, they don't simply state what is.. it is not
officially supported, but we have the test drive.. and we have people
working it in some way shape or form.