Glib1 vs Glib2

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Jun 26 13:11:42 UTC 2006

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:04:36 -0400
Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:

> > Is the only alternative to uninstall glib2. while i'm building pkgs that
> > need glib1 ?
>
> They should co-exist just fine; I've never had problems with it.
>
> Did you, perhaps, miss an update step at some point?
> The last few Gnome updates have required special steps described in
> UPDATING...

Hi Lowell,
thanks for your reply.

It has been happening for a while - I am just starting to get a bit tired of it
by now, but knowing that they should coexist means I'll find a way to fix it.

Would I have to do a portupgrade -fa ?

I'll check UPDATING anyway to see if I stuffed up any updates of gnome libs. I
dont use gnome per-se, but definitely some of the supporting gnome + GTK libs.

thanks,
Beto