Initial FSBD Installation

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Jun 24 17:15:42 UTC 2006

This is probably a dumb question, but I never let that stop me before.

If I were to to download the 6.1-RELEASE-i386-bootonly.iso from
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/6.1/ would that
installation include the Sendmail fix as well as the one
regarding "emulators/linux_base-*", etc. or would IO have to deal with that
issue after installing FSBD.

20060616:
  AFFECTS users of emulation/linux_base-*
  AUTHOR: netchild at FreeBSD.org

  We now use Fedora Core 4 as the linux base port, and the corresponding
  xorg libs for the linux X11 libs port.

  To upgrade you have to run
        portupgrade -f -o emulators/linux_base-fc4 linux_base\*
        portupgrade -f -o x11/linux-xorg-libs linux-XFree86-libs

Would running the stock /usr/src/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile be the
best way to update the system after installing the OS or should I use the
standard-supfile instead.

I am going to be installing this on a friends computer who has never run FSBD
before, and I want to be certain that I get it right.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net

The difficult we do today; the impossible takes a little longer.