Does anyone run VNC with 64-bit FreeBSD (amd64)?

Jonathan Fosburgh jonathan at fosburgh.org
Fri Jun 23 15:14:42 UTC 2006

On Thursday 22 June 2006 17:06, pete wright wrote:

> Did you try to build/install a 32bit version of VNC?  Also, if you are
> running a Unix like OS why use VNC?  You can achive %90 of the same
> features (with less of a memory/cpu impact) by running X apps
> remotely.
>
> -pete

How do you do cross-compilation on amd64? I looked through the mailing list
archives and couldn't find a method. Also, VNC, slow as it is, tends to be
faster than running X apps directly, at least over high-latency networks.  NX
runs rings around both of them, though.
--
Jonathan Fosburgh
AIX and Storage Administrator