Serial programming on FreeBSD 6.0 RELEASE

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Thu Jun 22 21:13:53 UTC 2006

Let me try this again.  Programing the uart directly means directly
manipulating the serial port chip.  Programing in c or c++ does not usually
do this, as you normally would open the device/file and simply read or
write to it.  In opening the device you need to set it to unbuffered in the
flags when you do the open call.

         -Derek

believed to be clean.