Serial programming on FreeBSD 6.0 RELEASE

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Thu Jun 22 18:28:35 UTC 2006

Your code looked OK, but I would add some debugging print statements.

silo overflow is a stack overflow, so you should figure where this is
happening.

The getty may be managing the port IO, which is why I would disable
it.  Getty is listening to the port for traffic.

Depending on the OS, some don't run getty on all physical ports, some do by
default.  Some are more exclusive in the perms as well, or should be.

         -Derek

believed to be clean.