AC97 sound driver

Ionut Vancea ionut.vancea at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 11:11:47 UTC 2006

helo,

On 6/17/06, DSA - JCR <juancr at dsa.es> wrote:
> Hi all at this marvellous list of this marvellous OS !!  ;D
>
> I am installing a new FreeBSD box and all is ok less the sound car.
> This is an MSI 945P Neo Platinum mainboarda with the sound chipset in it:
>
> I have installed FreeBSD 6.1 "amd64" (is EM64T chip)
>
> In BIOS say:
>
> - Azalia/AC97 sound
>
> in Manual:
>
> - High definition link controller in INtel ICH7R chip
> - 7.1+2 channel audio codec Realtek ALC882
> - complaint with Azalia 1.0 spec.
> - Supports DTS effect.
>
> Well, I only want that the computer has sound for CD, DVD, movies, etc.
> better things are wellcome of course but it is not the purpose of this
> computer.
>
> I have do the following:
>
> get the generic sund driver
> # kldload snd_driver
>
> and
> # cat /dev/sndstat
>
> but no sound !!!, also the cat command says that there is no sound devices
> installed.
>
> Is there a device driver for this, or someone I can get to put sound at
> work at a minimum?

maybe, you can try www.opensound.com

[skip]

OSS 3.99.4a announced for FreeBSD (x86 and AMD64)

Fixed up problems with mmap() (games like Quake/Doom) and Non-blocking
mode (like VLC).
Support for FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE (x86 and amd64) now available
Intel Azalia High Definition Audio now functional

http://www.opensound.com/osshw.html

have a nice day,