Any generic (non-wm-specific) audio players?

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 22:51:36 UTC 2006

On 6/21/06, Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:

>         I would probably save weeks trying to turn FBSD into the kind of
>         "Desktop" or window-manager platform I want by just using my
>         Ubuntu platform.
>
>         I'm still stickng
>         with CTWM.  On my Ubuntu servers there is amarak(sp?) which is
>         my favorite audio-only apps so far.  Is there anything like this
>         that doesn't require desktop-specific libraries?

cplay!!! http://mask.tf.hut.fi/~flu/hacks/cplay/ It's in ports under
audio/cplay. cplay is just a, python based, curses front-end so you
will also need to install a back-end (ogg123, splay, mpg123, mpg321,
madplay, mikmod, xmp, or sox), I recommend splay.

I've attached the default .cplayrc config file, copy it to your home
directory if the port doesn't automatically install it (I don't think
it does)... and read the man page for cplay.

--
BSD Podcasts @:
http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/