Ekiga && FreeBSD 6.0-REL

m.apitz at oclcpica.org m.apitz at oclcpica.org
Tue Jun 20 10:50:54 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've successful ported Ekiga to my FreeBSD notebook from the
sources (version ekiga-2.0.2); maybe it is interesting for the
port-maintainer as well, because the port is marked as broken:

rebelion# make
===>  ekiga-2.0.1_2 is marked as broken: Unknown component gnomedocutils.
rebelion#

there have been only a small external refs clashes in a header file
which I solved by un-defining some external symbols (of course this
is not the right way to solve this):

$ diff /usr/local/include/libintl.h /usr/local/include/libintl.h.orig
118d117
< #undef gettext
135d133
< #undef dgettext
154d151
< #undef dcgettext
236d232
< #undef textdomain
255d250
< #undef bindtextdomain
274d268
< #undef bind_textdomain_codeset

and a tweaking of the ./configure script because FreeBSD 6.0-REL
comes with an older version as port of the gnome-doc-utils:

$ diff configure configure.orig
2316c2316
<   GDU_REQUIRED_VERSION=0.2.1
---
>   GDU_REQUIRED_VERSION=0.3.2

but the 0.2.1 seems to work as well. Ekiga installs fine for the
rest and local audio-loop-back is working.

My main question is, what could I do for the video grabbing in
my notebook? Are there some external LAN based cams working with
Ekiga and plug-in's for them?

Thx

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC PICA GmbH