NFS Server and MS Windows

DSA - JCR juancr at dsa.es
Tue Jun 20 08:56:12 UTC 2006

HI all and thanks for your answers

My main goal is to have a system in which the local network can get access
to the file repository, and also thay can get access from their homes to
them (only get a file from server, work on it, and post it to the server).

For this reason I thougth in NFS only and FTP for remote access.

As the pc clients runs on Windows XP, they are ingeniers and have programs
for MS, I think I must install Samba, but NFS is (I think) stronger than
Samba in protecting files.

Can I have the two? NFS and Samba?

BTW, the last version of UFS (NFS of MS) is 3.5 of 2004. I don't know if
will fit correctly.

best regards

Juan Coruña
Desarrollo de Software Atlantico