linux_base-fc4

Adi Pircalabu apircalabu at bitdefender.com
Mon Jun 19 15:41:19 UTC 2006

(Cc-ed to freebsd-ports@, sorry if anyone's affected by cross-posting)

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:43:16 -0600 Jeff Molofee wrote:

> After upgrading to linux_base-fc4, I've noticed a lot of applications
> and games that will no longer run. One of the games is HoH. I receive
> the following error when trying to run it... does anyone know how to
> fix this?
>
> ./HoH: error while loading shared libraries:
> libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory

Apparently that application needs (yet another?) compatibility Linux
libraries, because it was built with g++-2.96 and linked against
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3.
Feel free to send a problem report for this so it won't get lost,
linux_base-fc4 maintainers should take a look at it and update the port.

--
Adi Pircalabu (PGP Key ID 0x04329F5E)

For more information please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/