freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 138, Issue 17

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Sun Jun 18 06:59:25 UTC 2006

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 05:41:12 GMT
"gs_stoller at juno.com" <gs_stoller at juno.com> wrote:

> This email has messages with subject "Re: Possible to go from 5.5 to
> 5.4?" as message #s 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, & 19.  It would be nice if they
> were contiguous, rather than dispersed, so that someone interested in
> this topic doesn't have to memorize the numbers so that he can find
> them once he has passed the table of contents.  Similarly for messages
> with subject "Re: Getting Source Code after Installing the Software"
> which appear as message #s 2, 3, 10 and for messages with subject "Re:
> freebsd on a newer pc" which appear as message #s 17, 20, 26, 27, 32
> and there are still more.

hi,
I fail to see what is the *new* problem with this. This is, AFAIK, how digest
mails are (always?) sent by mailing lists, in the order they were posted. If you
dont like it, feel free to subscribe to the non-digest delivery format of the
mailing list and let your favourite mail client thread it as needed.

Or visit the web archives of the list for yet more views of the same data.

You could, of course, contribute code to MailMan to allow for delivery
of Digest mails in threaded format. I'm sure you and others will benefit from
it.

Beto