Library Dependency: package built from port
brenthostetler at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 00:36:08 UTC 2006
Here is scenario:
Machine1: destination server with multiple jails
Machine2: build computer
Machine2 tracks RELENG_6_1, builds any updates. /usr/src and /usr/obj
copied from Machine2 to Machine 1. Updates are installed on Machine1.
This works great.
Now I want to build ports on Machine2 as packages then install the
packages on Machine1. I am having problems with this scenario.
Here is what Im doing.
Example case, install /usr/ports/www/elinks
1. cd /usr/ports/www/elinks
2. use make all-depends-list to determine dependencies
3. make package-recursive
4. then I tar up the .tbz files
5. copy to Machine1; untar; then pkg_add the tarballs
7. www# elinks /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libX11.so.6" not
found, required by "elinks"
www# ldd /usr/local/bin/elinks
libX11.so.6 => not found (0x0)
libssl.so.4 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.4 (0x28115000)
libcrypto.so.4 => /lib/libcrypto.so.4 (0x28143000)
libz.so.3 => /lib/libz.so.3 (0x2823a000)
libbz2.so.2 => /usr/lib/libbz2.so.2 (0x2824a000)
libiconv.so.3 => /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.3 (0x28259000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x28346000)
1. Why is pkg_add not mentioning missing dependency?
2. What pkg/port needs install for this dependency?
3. How can I improve this process to eliminate future problems?
More information about the freebsd-questions