ripping "enhanced" audio CDs

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Sat Jun 17 00:02:14 UTC 2006

Hello,
    I don't know if this is related to the topic under discussion, but i'm
trying to rip a new CD it contains both video and audio and i'm stuck on
track 13. In my /var/log/messages i'm seeing this, and then the msg "Last
message repeated 300 times" and as the system tries to read and writes out
the message to syslog the machine gets slower and slower. This is on a 6.1
box, and i never let it go long enough for a crash.
Thanks.
Dave.

Jun 16 19:55:25 zeus kernel: acd0: FAILURE - READ_CD ILLEGAL REQUEST
asc=0x64 ascq=0x00 error=4<ABORTED>
Jun 16 19:55:57 zeus last message repeated 338 times