Possible to go from 5.5 to 5.4?

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Fri Jun 16 21:34:23 UTC 2006

> On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 05:08:30PM -0400, Scott Tuc Ellentuch at T-B-O-H wrote:
>
> > 6) portupgrade -Ri of anything that was xorg*, nvidia*
>
> If you didn't use -f for nvidia-driver then it may not have rebuilt.

	Well, my nvidia-driver was out of date as is. So I didn't
need to do an "-f". Same with alot of my xorg*. I probably should
have been smarter (TOO LATE!!) to upgrade my nvidia first, run for
a while.... THEN go to 5.5 .

	So it did get rebuilt. And when I portdowngraded and then
portupgraded -f'd it, (I did mention that, right?) it would have
re-installed it anyway.

		Tuc