wikipedia article

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Tue Jun 13 05:23:37 UTC 2006

Cool, which portions?

>Does it really matter?  This whole discussion seems like a deliberate
>effort to dredge up old rivalries and create bad feeling.  It is all
>ancient, ancient history now.

That is absolutely rediculous and you are the one trying to cause
bad feeling.  Just because your bored with the discussion doesn't
give you the right to start singing kumbiya and the GNU share the
software song and wet all over the rest of us.

History is interesting in of it's own right.  There was a lot of emotion
involved in creating the operating systems.  Without that emotion
driving people to do things, the OSes would not have got done.  To
try to minimize this is to cheat the newbies to the system today of
the rich heritage, and replace it with bland tasteless cardboard.  It's
just like the stupid replacement of the FreeBSD Beastie logo with
the sex-toy logo.  Blah, bland tasteless.

All of this happened over a decade ago and many of the players that were
involved aren't involved in any of the OSs anymore in a significant
way  If your not mature enough to deal with reading about 10 year
old controversy, I suggest you go back to your Bernstain Bears books
and stop bothering the adults.

Ted