Bridge, networking, wireless cards, and ypbind.... (*sigh*

Wes Santee wsantee at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 04:55:33 UTC 2006

Paul Pathiakis wrote:
> On Saturday 10 June 2006 01:00, you wrote:
>> Paul Pathiakis wrote:
> Seems that once I rebooted, both interfaces came up in promiscuous mode, so
> that's a no go now.  I still believe it to be a frag/UDP/RPC issue.
>
> Wes do you or anyone else have any further insight?

Well, I don't run NIS, so I'm not sure I'll be much more help.  I
imagine that by default ypbind is broadcasting to find a server (ayup,
just checked the manpage for it).  Are you seeing those broadcasts come
across the bridge (via tcpdump)?  If not, does the -m switch to ypbind
help at all?

If none of that helps, someone with more NIS experience will probably
need to step in to help.

Cheers,
-Wes