USB-Serial ??

John Andrewartha mulgajohn at bigpond.com
Wed Jun 7 15:40:03 UTC 2006

Hi and thanks once again for the support,

The saga of the 3G modem.  Labeled in AU as the Maxon MM 5500c.
This device is a modem on the usb bus, it looks like and understands
the at commands. Under XP.
I am using fbsd 6.1.
How do I get ppp to talk to it?
The man pages keep pointing to /dev/cuaU? A device that does not exist yet.
Also how do I set up the appropiate entry so as the boot process
recognizes a (sio) with no hardware address and no irq ?
I would appreciate any suggestions by e-mail please, the daily's are
difficult to get down at the moment, we are in a marginal CDMA area.

Regards John  mailto://mulgajohn@bigpond.com