FreeBSD 6.0, ThinkPad 600, dc0: watchdog timeout - ACPI?

Fred Koschara freebsd-questions at FKEInternet.com
Tue Jun 6 07:36:42 UTC 2006

Thanks, Björn.  Your information solved this problem, the networking works
correctly now.

Ah, well, I upgraded my other ThinkPad from 600 to 600E to get the 16M
colors.  I guess I will have to do the same to this new machine for more
reasons...

Ad astra,
Fred Koschara

At 02:23 AM 6/6/2006, Björn König wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I had a Thinkpad 600 and a lot of problems too, especially with networking
>and the cardbus. It received the impression that the chipset of the 600 is
>totally broken. The revisited successor 600E doesn't make so much trouble
>at all.
>
>Add the following lines to /boot/loader.conf, restart and see what
>happens. These lines solved some of my problems regarding unreliable
>networking.
>
>    hw.cbb.start_memory=0xd8000
>    hw.pci.link.LNKA.irq=11
>    hw.pci.link.LNKB.irq=11
>    hw.pci.link.LNKC.irq=11
>    hw.pci.link.LNKD.irq=11
>

>Regards
>Björn

Ignorance can easily be cured by knowledge, stupidity is generally only
cured by death...

Truth and Falsehood were bathing. Falsehood came out of the water first and
dressed herself in Truth's clothes. Truth, unwilling to put on the garments
of Falsehood, went naked.
(Author Unknown)

The "war on terror" is a sham:  There is no real protection against
suicidal maniacs spurred on by creative madmen.  In the end, the only
outcomes will be the destruction of the American economy due to pouring a
bankrupting stream of wealth into a bottomless pit, and the final
destruction of personal liberty in the name of "security."  (When was the
last time you were asked for "Your papers, please?" - er, that is, "License
and registration?")

FKE Internet, Web hosting for space related businesses<br>
	Domain registration - $15.95/year, $29.95 for 2 years
	http://FKEinternet.com

For private sector (commercial) space development, visit
	http://www.L5Development.com
For your daily dose of art, try http://PhotoByFred.com
L5 Software Development - "out of this world" sites and software
	http://www.L5Software.com
How much did your last traffic ticket cost you?
	http://www.StopHighwayRobbery.com
FredLines(tm), T-Shirts For the Thinking Mind(tm)
	http://www.FredLines-TShirts.com