Acucorp AcuCobol GT + Workbench

Thomas u-solve at pcwireless.co.za
Mon Jun 5 10:26:51 PDT 2006

Hi there.
Although I am new to BSD I am not new to UNIX. I have extensive experience in SCO UNIX, DEC, SunOs And V.iv.
I am a Systems Engineer specializing in OS Suppot and Commercial Systems Development. I do all my development in Cobol - lately about 20% in Microfocus Level II and 80% using ACUCobol GT, with the workbench.
I am not too much concerned about Microfocus Cobol - am think it will run on BSD maybe with a little help).
However, I am unsure about AcuCobol, using the Vision filesystem. It runs on Linux but I am not a Linux-disciple.
I therefor would like to know (a) whther AcuCobol would run on BSD and (2) whether backward-reading (READ PREVIOUS) would work on BSD?
Regards and keep up the good work.

Thomas P. van Graan
U-Solve Systems
Mobile: +27 72 1 87 87 91