portmanager keeps on reinstalling the same port

Yousef Raffah yraffah at savola.com
Mon Jun 5 02:35:53 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 17:42 -0400, Gerard wrote:
[...]
> I am not sure, but here is where yo could start.
>
> Clear out your /tmp and /var/tmp directory. Next, remove all of the
> special flags in the /etc/make.conf file. Actually, I am not sure if
> that will make a difference, but you have nothing in there that are
> really required. You can leave the cputype flag though as well as the
> ones set by the system, i.e.; perl.

Done but without changing my /etc/make.conf

> Now I would recommend rebooting. Again, maybe not really necessary, but
> I have seen where this has made a difference.
>
> Upon reboot, update your ports system completely. I would also suggest
> that you navigate to /usr/ports/distfiles and delete everything there.

Done

> I noticed this entry in the 'portmanager' log file:
>
> Sat Jun  3 20:54:33 2006
>  options changed so returning        libusb-0.1.12
>     /devel/libusb                        to out of date pool
>
> I am not sure exactly what it refers to though. After updating the ports
> tree, navigate to that directory and run as root:
>
> make config

After updating to 6.1-RELEASE, this directory /devel is not there!

> Try running portsclean -C again to make sure your ports tree is clean
> and then try building just this one port:
>
> make install && make clean.

I did portsclean -C then cd /usr/ports/deskutils/taskjuggler && make
install and this is what I got:

===>  Building for taskjuggler-2.2.0
gmake  all-recursive
gmake[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/ports/deskutils/taskjuggler/work/taskjuggler-2.2.0'
Making all in taskjuggler
gmake[2]: Entering directory
`/usr/ports/deskutils/taskjuggler/work/taskjuggler-2.2.0/taskjuggler'
if /bin/sh /usr/local/bin/libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=compile c++
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/usr/local/include  -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT   -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include  -I/usr/X11R6/include -D_GETOPT_H -D_THREAD_SAFE
-Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -O2 -O
-pipe -march=pentium3 -fconserve-space -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new
-fno-common  -MT ProjectFile.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/ProjectFile.Tpo" -c
-o ProjectFile.lo ProjectFile.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/ProjectFile.Tpo" ".deps/ProjectFile.Plo"; else rm -f
".deps/ProjectFile.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
In file included from ProjectFile.cpp:63:
ICalReport.h:19:35: libkcal/calendarlocal.h: No such file or directory
ICalReport.h:20:26: libkcal/todo.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ProjectFile.cpp:63:
ICalReport.h:37: error: `KCal' has not been declared
ICalReport.h:37: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `Todo' with no
type
ICalReport.h:37: error: expected `;' before '*' token
gmake[2]: *** [ProjectFile.lo] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/deskutils/taskjuggler/work/taskjuggler-2.2.0/taskjuggler'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/deskutils/taskjuggler/work/taskjuggler-2.2.0'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/deskutils/taskjuggler.

> Let me know what happens. I will continue to work on this for you. Good
> luck!

Thanks a lot :)

--
Sincerely,