Video capture/editing?

Laurence Sanford lauasanf at wilderness.homeip.net
Sun Jun 4 04:51:08 PDT 2006

Some time ago I purchased a Pinnacle video capture/editing package to be
used on a windows computer. Honestly, this is the last thing I keep a
windows computer around for. The capture setup is a PCI card with a
breakout unit on it, the editing software, obviously Studio. A number of
things have driven me to the point where I simply cannot stand the
windows/Pinnacle setup any more, mostly a lack of stability.

Looking through the ports collection I found avidemux2 and kino. What I
need to know is this - will one of these two programs replace the basic
editing functionality of pinnacle for me, and can I use the same capture
hardware? I suspect the capture hardware will be an issue, but I'm
certainly open to suggestions. Thanks in advance for any input.