Apache22 + PHP5 installation issues

Randy Pratt bsd-unix at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 3 12:04:32 PDT 2006

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 19:12:04 +0100
robert <bsd at bathnetworks.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am having problems with setting up a web server. I'm running FreeBSD
> 6.1-Release-P1, updated of yesterday.
>
> I have installed Apache22, php5 and php5-extensions from the ports. (I
> did check the build Apache module option in the php5 config).
>
> My first problem is that the handbook still refers the to mod_php which
> is not available. A search of the archives gave me the answer that it
> has been removed.

There's been some changes to the way PHP is organized.  Take a look
at /usr/ports/UPDATING, particularly the 20060506 entry for users
of PHP.

If I remember correctly:

	cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
	make config
	  (select "Build Apache Module")
	make install clean
	  (or portupgrade -f php5-\* if you already have it installed)

This has also been discussed and should be in the archives.

HTH

Randy