release 6.1

Martin Tournoy carpetsmoker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 15:54:35 PDT 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:49:42 -0000, mehmet gogebakan
<mgogebakan at neu.edu.tr> wrote:

> i would like to install 6.1-RELEASE to my computer , configuration is:
> 128 MB SDRAM
> LG cdrom 52x
> 8 MB Grafic card
> 40 gb hd
> p3 800 mhz processor
> azza motherboard
> could you please tell me whether this configuration is suitable,  if not
> tell me the minimum configuration it should be..
> thanx....

I prepared the following computer for my brother a while ago:

AMD K-7-2 300 MHz (super socket 7, i586 with some i686 features)
128 MB RAM
32 MB Graphic card

The system runs on FreeBSD 6.0 (system demands for 6.1 didn't change alot,
if they changed at all) with Fluxbox as the window manager and XFCE4-panel
to provide a "windows-like" panel.

I see alot of computers, and this one actually runs faster then most
pentium 4 computers with windows xp.
And not to forget, jus as easy, if not easyer...