[freebsd-questions] emacs && xemacs?

hernan hernan.silberman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 09:44:13 PDT 2006

Hi folks,

I have the xemacs port installed and I would also like to have the
normal emacs port installed.  When I try to 'make clean install'
/usr/ports/editors/emacs it builds fine but fails to install because
of xemacs, I'm at work now but the error was something to the effect
that they both conflict and install files into the same place.

I'm running FreeBSD 6.0 RELEASE, with a recent portupgrade so things
are fairly up to date.  I'm trying to install emacs 21.3_9 and have
xemacs 21.4.19 installed already.

Any insights appreciated, thanks!