system load mrtg ?

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Thu Jun 1 16:39:37 PDT 2006

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:21:35 -0700
"Atom Powers" <atom.powers at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/1/06, Norberto Meijome <freebsd at meijome.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:07:13 +0200
> > Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet at esiee.fr> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I'm searching for some tools that are able to produce
> > > some graphics ( understandables by managers ...) to
> > > show the system load ( CPU . DISK I/O , memory ... etc etc )
> > >

> > http://www.cacti.net/
> >

> Seconded.
> I used cricket (an mrtg clone) for a long time. But cacti makes
> setting up the hosts and graphs so much easier. (Although I still have
> to figure out how to create custom data sources...)

they are not that hard to create - you need something that returns a series of
values (as many as defined in your data source in cacti) and then feed that
into the processor.

I remember that the tricky bit was understanding how all
the custom Cacti components plugged into cacti (i.e, custom data source, custom
this and that ), rather than the feed of the data itself.
I'll see if I can dig up some sample if you need me to.

Regards,
Beto