R, unixodbc & easysoft problems

Vittorio vdemart1 at tin.it
Thu Jun 1 04:51:40 PDT 2006

I installed first, from the ports, unixodbc, then the latest oracle
easysoft driver on my FBSD 6.1 box, following the included
instructions. When using unixodbc with postgresql, plain sailing, it
works like a charm!
But when I try to connect via odbc to oracle (here
an instance of the statistical software R) I get:

1: [RODBC] ERROR:
state 01000, code 0, message [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
'/usr/compat/linux/usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so' : Shared
object "libm.so.6" not found, required by "libesoracle.so"

and
issuing:
/compat/linux/usr/bin/ldd -v libesoracle.so
/compat/linux/usr/bin/ldd: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: not found
ldd: /lib/ld-
linux.so.2 $exited with unknown exit code (127)

I understand that
there's something to be set as far as libraries to be used & linked are
concerned.

Is there anyone out there able to point me at documents
where the exact setting up of the easysoft oracle driver ** ON FBSD **
is explained OR able to explain how to set it up on the same OS?

Thanks a lot - Vittorio