I want to join comunity

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Mon Jul 31 20:27:09 UTC 2006

> Hello! I am a system administrator and developer. I am using FreeBSD
> on all of my servers i like it and i modifying and working with it.
> And I am interested all about it. How can I join to FreeBSD comunity
> to conctact with the members of comunity. All of them has mail address
> for example member at freebsd.org I want to know more about what i need
> to have a membership in it. Sorry for my english I am a Russian but i
> am trying to type without mistakes.
>                               With great pleasure Shumakov Evgeniy.

The first thing to do is read up in the FreeBSD Handbook about how
to contribute to the FreeBSD project.

At the same time, sign up for at least this (FreeBSD 'questions') and
the FreeBSd 'announce' mailing lists and others in which you might have
an interest such as FreeBSD bugs and/or FreBSD current.   That will put
you in the middle of FreeBSD discussions.  There is also one in Russian
that you can contact at:   maillist at opennet.ru

You will get an idea of what problems people are having and have an
opportunity to suggest ways of correcting them on the Email lists.

Then, if you find problems that you can work on, fix them and submit
the fixes vix send-pr.  If you show yourself as a reliable contributor,
you may be asked to be a committer at some later time, etc.

Welcome and good luck,

////jerry