Gotta start somewhere ... how many of us are really out there?

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein.h at lvor.halvorsen.cc
Mon Jul 31 09:46:20 UTC 2006

Colin Percival wrote:
> There are still a lot of people (particularly on pre-6.0 systems) who
> are using CVSup rather than portsnap for updating their ports trees.

Also, I would guess that some people who run multiple FreeBSD systems,
use some sort of local propagation of either the entire ports tree, or
locally compiled packages.

I work as a sysadmin at the students computer lab at the mathematics
department at the Norwegian university of science and technology, and we
take this approach. Not that the maths department is a large one, but we
have fifty-some workstations and a couple of servers running FreeBSD.
Only one or two of which would show up in the portsnap stats.

	Svein Halvor