Gotta start somewhere ... how many of us are really out there?

Atom Powers atom.powers at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 20:19:42 UTC 2006

On 7/28/06, User Freebsd <freebsd at hub.org> wrote:

> Towards that end, as a starter, I would like to encourage everyone out
> there running 1 or more FreeBSD boxes to go to
>
>            http://www.mreriksson.net/uptimes
>
> register all of your hosts, and install /usr/ports/sysutils/uptimec and
> get it running ...

Heh. You won't get more than a tiny percentage of hosts that way; I
believe most of us, even those on this list (which is nowhere close to
the total user base), don't care to be listed.

My shop runs 30+ FreeBSD hosts, and I have several more for personal
use. But of those there are maybe 2-3 that I would be ok with listing
and exactly zero that I will actually list. It's not that I don't want
to help, but I'm not going to run a process like that on a production
server.

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--