checksum

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Fri Jul 28 18:03:15 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 07:21:26PM +0200, Fabian Keil wrote:
> justin <justins at justnosweat.net> wrote:
>
> > I have a problem with the checksum in /usr/ports/net /cvsup.
> > It stop installing because of the checksum not working.
> > How can i disable the checksum??
>
> Are you sure your ports tree is up to date?
> It works for me:

The checksum is there for a reason. Protects you from getting a hacked
version other than the original porter used. Most often detects a
partial or broken download.

Remove the distfile and try again before any attempt at disabling the
checkum test.

% rm /usr/ports/distfiles/cvsup*

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net