Replacing windows XP at home.

Sean tech.junk at verizon.net
Thu Jul 27 21:38:39 UTC 2006

Joshua Lewis wrote:

>    Would I be better off just going with Gnome or KDE? I realize once I
>    start installing apps that I will probably wind up installing
>    something that uses Gnome or KDE libraries so I am going to wind up
>    bloating my system any ways right?

Look at them both and make a choice if you like either.
I tried both in the past, but found they were not for me for various
reasons, so I went looking,  also tried Xfce as has been mentioned, but
I decided I wanted to try something really different from things that
seemed Windows like.

Tried WindowMaker and have been using it now for a long time. Here is
the url www.windowmaker.info if you are interested.
As you requested lean and fast, little slow getting started, only
because it is very different in the approach of say Gnome, KDE, or Xfce,
but once you get used to it, works great. I also like dock apps, which
you can get more info at http://dockapps.org/

			Good Luck,
			Sean