Are hardware vendors starting to bail on FreeBSD ... ?

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Thu Jul 27 18:07:41 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 12:50:57PM -0500, Nikolas Britton wrote:

> Except most of the people using FreeBSD in a professional setting are
> pretty high up on the IT/IS/MIS food chain. If a product doesn't work
> on my platform of choice then there's no way in hell I'll approve it's
> uses on other platforms, FreeBSD is my litmus test. If a vendor
> doesn't support FreeBSD they can still pass my test by providing open
> documentation.
>
> What we really need is score card to keep track of the good and bad
> companies. Someone with initiative could have this up and running in a
> day or less... After it's up we can put a BIG HONKING LINK on the
> FreeBSD main page.

It's not FBSD specific, but there's http://www.vendorwatch.org/, which
is trying to do exactly that. They've got some good info, and I believe
they would welcome any updates or info on companies that they don't
have.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |