Corrupt pkgdb

Joshua Lewis joshua.lewis at familyfunzone.net
Thu Jul 27 15:05:27 UTC 2006

   I am setting up a new system and ran a portupgrade -a. Unfortunately I
   also in my arrogance tried to run XDM while the portupgrade was
   running. Well to make a long story short I could not exit out of XDM
   and get back to my console and had to reboot the system. Now I get an
   error that my pkgdb is corrupt when I try to rerun the portupgrade.

   Is there a way to rebuild that DB or do I have to reinstall the whole
   OS? I don't know how that pkgdb gets created so I don't know if it is
   created during the install or when I installed portupgrade.

   Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
   Sincerely,
   Joshua Lewis