Are hardware vendors starting to bail on FreeBSD ... ?

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Wed Jul 26 22:59:30 UTC 2006

Darrin Chandler wrote:

> Do you see that if support in 4.x had been based on open specs from
> Adaptec that this issue would not exist? Adaptec is controlling your
> ability to use their product, and that's the real problem. It's
> consumer-hostile, unless you fit their perfect picture of "consumer."
> You don't, so you're left in the cold.

I think you are missing the point here. It is 'THEIR PRODUCT'. They can
do with it as they wish. If you are unhappy with their product, then
don't use it.

Most corporation are primarily interested in profits. Nothing wrong with
that. I like making money, as I assume you do. Obviously they have
weight the cost of producing FSBD compatible products and concluded that
it would not be profitable to do so. Unless you could produce enough
evidence to show them otherwise, I fear that you are simply beating a
dead horse here.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead
of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit
their views ... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one
of the facts that needs altering."

Doctor Who