Permission to Distribute OS and Demon Logo

Carmen Chase s_c_chase at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jul 26 04:55:39 UTC 2006

Hello from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

My name is Carmen Chase and I request your permission to distribute FreeBSD &
ports, use the BSD Demon, and links to the manuals & downloads sites. Our
objective is to locally promote and generalize FreeBSD as end users - not
criticize other systems, or profit from FreeBSD. Let me explain:

The overwhelming majority of argentine PC users run un-licensed Microsoft
Sytems and software. The remainder have licenses or use Linux. FreeBSD is
unknown to the average PC user.

Although efforts are being made to control piracy, the vast majority of final
users cannot afford microsoft licences. In terms of local purchasing power,
windows XP would cost the equivalent of $1500 us dollars in the US market.
Meanwhile, PC usage continues to grow by leaps and bounds.

Over the last few years our family have increasingly used FreeBSD, consider it
a grand solution and greatly admire your organization and acheivements. In
fact, we would like to see FreeBSD generalized amongst the millions of
argentine users and small businesses.

To achieve this objective, we are considering a simple non-profit web site,
with a help section, history section, forum, bulletin boards, jobs/help
wanted, links, videos clips demonstrating the system, etc... and request your
permision to use the Demon Logo, and distribute the FreeBSD operating system
& ports.

Any support would be greatly appreciated!

Respectfully yours,

Carmen Chase
tel. 4541-1434

PD please let us know you received this message!