Serious disk problems

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Tue Jul 25 19:18:34 UTC 2006

I would try moving the disk to another server and doing the fsck there.  If
you get the same error you can try increasing the memory limits.

You could also try booting the live CD and run the fsck.  If you do this
you may need to us sysctl to raise the memory limits if you get that error.

         -Derek

At 11:49 AM 7/25/2006, Jonathan Arnold wrote:
>My power supply died and now my root file system seems to be having
>major problems.  I run fsck -y on it and after complaining about
>dozens of sectors having problems being read and "Unexpected soft
>update"s, fsck ends with:
>
>fsck_ufs: cannot alloc 3962308096 bytes for inoinfo
>
>Can anything be done about this?
>
>--
>Jonathan Arnold               (mailto:jdarnold at buddydog.org)
>Jiggle The Handle, a personal blog    http://jiggle.anaze.us
>
>Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints

>--
>believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.