How to use kernel modules from CURRENT on STABLE

Rafael Aquino freebsd at bsdserver.com.br
Tue Jul 25 17:50:35 UTC 2006

When you do a make depend in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/<KERNEL>/
you are just compiling the modules...

You could make a copy of the source tree (for backup reasons),
upgrade to CURRENT, do a make depend and test the modules
you want. If it just doesn't work at all you can revert to
the backup copy of the source tree and reinstall the STABLE modules.

[]'s

--
Rafael Mentz Aquino
BSDServer Ltda.