tar dies on making tape backup

Jaime jaime at snowmoon.com
Tue Jul 25 11:07:56 UTC 2006

On Jul 24, 2006, at 10:23 PM, Micah wrote:
> To save you some time, from my notes:
> #finds all files modified before 1971
> find / ! -newermt "1971-01-01 20:30"

	I missed the part about "!" in the command.  Thanks for the reply.
I would have been at this for at least an hour of, "What the heck?
Its all 'newer than' comparisons?  How did that guy do it?"  :)

	The command found a number of files claiming to have a date of 1903
and 1933.  They were all files that I migrated over from the last
server via "tar czvpf archivename -C original-directory" commands.  I
don't know if this has anything to do with it.  I'm mentioning it in
case someone comes across our posts in a search and they need to find
the solution to this same problem.

							Thanks a bunch,
							Jaime