Temperature Monitor

Tamouh H. hakmi at rogers.com
Mon Jul 24 16:13:42 UTC 2006

> On Sunday 23 July 2006 18:10, Tamouh H. wrote:
> > Beautiful! That did the trick.
> >
> > adding to the kernel:
> >
> > device          ichsmb
> > device          smb
> > device          smbus
> > device          intpm
> >
> > and then installing mbmon from source fixed it!
>
> out of curiosity and for the sake of scientific method, did
> you happen to do the kernel adds and the try the port again
> to check failure, or did you do both and then check?
>
> just wondering,
> jonathan

For the sake of the scientific method, I've removed the above kernel lines, recompiled, rebooted and mbmon is still working!

Yet, I suspect mbmon is not reporting the correct temperature, because after all that and a reboot , the temperature is still exactly the same:

Temp.= 36.5, 50.5,  0.0; Rot.=    0, 1850,    0
Vcore = 1.34, 1.51; Volt. = 3.36, 5.21, 12.56,   0.00,  0.00

This machine runs P4 , Intel D865GVHZ motherboard.

On another machine running dual Xeon, SuperMicro board, mbmon wouldn't be able to retrieve any data. It just hangs there.

Tamouh