Tower with fBSD NOC.

Dead Line dead_line at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 23 20:40:50 UTC 2006

hello everyone,

  There is one building (Tower) from 11 floors! each floor 3 appartments.
  the owner wants me to have a NOC room down and setup a fully wired network
points to
  each appartment. each appartment will have an internet connection based on
a monthly
  membership to be paid somehow.

  I will have a FreeBSD server assuimng 6.1R as a gateway internet server in
the noc room,

  Well, as long as im a network admin, i dunt have any concern about
switches, routers
  or internet connections setup or sharing, or even doing a NAT for this
building..

  I have diffrent view of concern, and wish someone advice and tell HOWTO
help,

  1- How to setup an open date and expiry date account for a user,
     ofcourse i should do it webinterface for some managment reasons.
    and ofcourse i dunt want to set the expiry manual, well it should
automatically
    the system do such stuff,
    any free packages that anyone knows about or advice me by?
    any freebsd builtin way?

2- If I will do NAT and consider it just like any other network,
     then each appartment user will see his nighber user on his network
nighberhood!!
     which is not an option, no one should see anyone on this local lan,
     how to do that with FreeBSD ?

3- Is there any advices or ideas I should take in Consideration?

Thank you so much,
Marwan,

So Proud to make FreeBSD the default server!