DVD playback

Nicolas Blais nb_root at videotron.ca
Sat Jul 22 20:51:50 UTC 2006

On Saturday 22 July 2006 15:37, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> Is there any program in the ports that will playback the new DVD's? Some
> will play fine, but others I  just get a lot of disk activity and it locks
> up the machine. Is this some kind of new copy protection?
>
> Beech

I've never had any problems with either Mplayer or Xine compiled very every
useful options, including libdvdcss (access dvd without caring for the
encryption).
One of my FreeBSD machines is a HTPC connected to my TV and I use it to play
dvds and never encountered problems (other than media/quality-related).

Nicolas.
--
FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #10: Sat Jul 22 13:02:01 EDT 2006
root at clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A