problem to establish SSH connection from inside jail to the outside world

Fri Jul 21 23:19:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm currently using FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE with a bunch of jails. In one
of them I need to connect to the outside world via SSH which does not
work properly.

When logging in to (!) the jail via SSH, everything works properly: I
can connect from "inside" the jail to the outside via SSH, but when
running a script from inside the jail via cron or in my case
daemontools and not being logged into that jail, I get the following
error while using a SSH syntax like "ssh -T -vv ...":

read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: No such file or directory

Is there any solution for that kind of problem? "/dev/tty" is not
existing at all, which I think should not a problem under FreeBSD 6.x
at all.

Any solutions welcome!

Thank you very much in advance,
S. Wagler