Fwd: pppNAT woes =(

Ivan Levchenko levchenko.i at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 11:39:16 UTC 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ivan Levchenko <levchenko.i at gmail.com>
Date: Jul 21, 2006 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: pppNAT woes =(
To: fbsd at a1poweruser.com

Internet works on all of them when i connect via pppoeconf and pon
dsl-provider in linux and ppp -ddial n freebsd or via a windows
connection. To connect on each box, i have to enter my username and
password.

Thats why i want to connect to the internet on my freebsd box and then
have the windows computers connect through it via the internet.

Is it even possible to do it with this kind of lan configuration:

(internet)------>(switch)-----(three computers connected to the switch)
(instead of internet, there probably should be an adsl modem, but i
don't have access to it, nor do i know its IP address, so it doesn't
matter)

right now, i have acccess from any  of the computers if i *connect*,
but that eliminates the possiblity for my three computers to use the
same connection at the same time.