jdk port

Donald J. O'Neill donaldjoneill at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 11:35:12 UTC 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 16:11, eoghan wrote:
> Hi
> While installing openoffice I had to grab jdk15. This is the build
> error:
>
> Note: * uses or overrides a deprecated API.
> Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
> Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
> Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
> 21 errors
> 12 warnings
> gmake[3]: *** [.compile.classlist] Error 1
> gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/
> java/java'
> gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 1
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/java'
> gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make'
> gmake: *** [j2se-build] Error 2
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk15.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Are the suggested zip for jdk the same for amd64? How would I go
> about fixing this problem?
> Thanks
> Eoghan

Installing openoffice can be a pain and so can installing jdk15. So, unless
you're determined to have the experience of installing them from the Ports
Tree, I would suggest installing pre-built binaries instead.

For java, you can find what you want here:
	http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml

For openoffice, look here:
	http://porting.openoffice.org/freebsd/

Install the diablo package first, then openoffice.

Don